Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Growing Science: Trying to NOT Kill the Bean Plants

 Since we re-potted the beans a week and a half ago I have been trying to find the right place in our back area for them. It's been difficult finding the right balance between enough light and too much direct sunlight. It doesn't help that it's been 90-105*F all this time. Some of the plants did get scorched. But some of the plants are doing well. One has even started flowering! Which is really cool for me because whenever I tried to grow a been plant when I was a kid mine never lasted that long. Have I mentioned I have a black thumb?
I really need a small trellis. Until I get one I'm trying to support the vines using suction cup Christmas lights holders and paper clips.


Unusual Vine Supports
Flower Buds!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...