Friday, October 18, 2013

2nd Week in Review

I am not in trouble yet; I can do this. I am not in trouble yet; I can still do this. I am not in trouble; yet.

I keep telling myself that this is only the second week of school; we're still figuring out our schedule. But it's October! I just had a baby. She's almost 3 months old; how long are you going to use that excuse? They're young and early learners; we have time. Now is the time their brains retain the best. If they were in public school they wouldn't be learning history yet anyway. Isn't that one of the reasons why you're homeschooling?!

Sometimes my inner voice isn't very nice.


The goal for this week was:

4 Grammar lessons
4 Handwriting lessons
4 Math Lessons
4 Reading lessons
Finish Knights Unit Study

Instead we got 5 grammar, handwriting, and math lessons done because the boys think they have to do them to get computer time and they want computer time every day. It doesn't matter to them that 1 day a week is supposed to be different. So that gets done, and afternoon lessons don't. Because I'm tired, they're tired, the baby need to be fed, and we're all useless after 3:00.

I have company over this weekend, I have other out-of-state visitors on Monday and Tuesday. When exactly am I going to get anything done?! (Don't get me wrong, I am very excited to see our guests.)

And Lady Bug's been too sleepy for a month to do Slow & Steady with her! And this month if we weren't tying to do school, we were sick. I know I'm not expecting too much of myself....right?

At least I successfully integrated grammar into the schedule.


I thought Builder Boy's sentence "Jumping is fun, fun, fun!" was funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...