Saturday, October 27, 2012

Homemade Halloween Costumes (2012)

I am fortunate that my boys are happy with very simple, inexpensive, homemade costumes. I finished Early Bird's costume today. He's Super Why from the tv show. I bought a $3.50 green shirt at Micheal's and $3's worth of fleece at Walmart. I painted the Super Why logo on the t-shirt and sewed the green fleece on the shirt shoulders. The cape is suppose to be blue, but I forgot that when I was at the store. Thankfully the kids don't mind. It's big enough to wear for years, and it can be worn over a jacket for trick-or-treating. We have a stuffed dog that is the same color as Woofster, so I got a blue cape for his dog.

Builder Boy's costume was even easier. He wanted to be Bob the Builder (shocker, I know.) I already had the hat that I had picked up at a thrift store or a garage sale years ago, and the tool belt came as part of a tool bench that was a present for his 2nd birthday. We also had an orange shirt from last year, so ta-da! Bob the Builder. I searched the thrift stores for denim overalls, but I didn't find any. Thankfully, Builder Boy doesn't mind wearing just pants.

Last year, and the year before, they were Thomas and Percy. I'm glad they let me make new costumes this year. Last year Builder Boy insisted on wearing the same costumes as the year before.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...