Saturday, June 1, 2013

Binky Buddy

This is the Binky Buddy.

(My kids don't use binkies/pacifiers/soothers anymore, this is a FYI DIY blog post for my sister.) Sadly I can not remember who it was who told me about this idea four years ago, so I cannot credit them as they deserve. But this thing really saved my nights.

I don't remember what age Early Bird was when I made it, but I do know he was at least nine months old when I posted about it on Facebook. I was having to get up in the middle of the night a LOT because he kept losing his binky. Someone, can't remember who, recommended that I sew a pacifier to a small stuffed animal (I used a Beanie Baby because of the size and weight.) That way when the binky came out of the mouth is was much easier to find and put back in (by the baby) and it couldn't be flung to some random, hard to reach corner of the floor under the crib.

All I did was sew it on the mouth of the koala. I used thicker embroidery thread (because I'm insecure about my sewing abilities sometimes) and went round and around it a bunch to times to make sure it was secure. That's it. It is important to have a loop on the pacifier to make this work (though if someone successfully attached one without a loop I'd love to hear about it in the comments.)

Hope this helps someone out there like it did me. I got a lot more sleep during the night once Early Bird was popping it back in on his own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...