Sunday, May 12, 2013

Sometimes mornings are beautiful


I am NOT a morning person. I am a night owl, married to a night owl, who doesn't go to bed until midnight most nights. Morning are soooooo not "my thing," especially since I've been pregnant. Getting up, blah; getting up and trying to be productive? Kill me now. Not even coffee is enough to get my butt moving and my brain thinking clearly before 9 am. Fortunately, Builder Boy since I became puke-city in the mornings (and afternoons....and evenings....) learned how to microwave cook oatmeal and started taking care of breakfast for himself and his brother so that I could take the time to slowly raise my head to two pillows, then three, then half sit up, then sit up, and then stand and get out of bed. (That process usually takes about 45 minutes.)

But this morning I woke up at 6:30 to bird song and a rosy pink hue on everything. It was beautiful. From the distance I heard a noise that I worried was one of the kids crying, so I got out of bed and went to their room, but they were fine. I went back to bed and eventually figured out it was a rooster cock-a-doodle-doing. But I didn't fall back asleep. I was awake. So I started my day like I'd always fantasized and idealized: I prayed, I thanked God for this day, and asked Him to bless it. Then I sneaked the laptop over my sleeping husband and read the news and checked facebook and all of that. I had an hour and a half of peace and quiet and bird song and it was lovely. Then Early Bird crawled into bed with me and we talked and snuggled. Builder Boy came in a bit later, and we all woke up Daddy so that he could make breakfast (Builder Boy has recently decided that he's sick of oatmeal.) I got to have a Mother's Day breakfast in bed, and I have church to look forward to in a little while. I even felt well enough to blog about it! Whatever else happens today, I want to remember this morning was GOOD and beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...