Friday, November 16, 2012

Homeschooling as a Decorating Choice, Part 2

The blue stickers are the glow ones.
As one of Builder Boy's birthday presents we got him RoomMates Glow in the Dark Peel & Stick Wall Decals (same brand as our other wall stickers.) He already had planets and rocket-ships; now he has over 200 stars all over his room. I let him put most of them wherever he wanted them, but I did save some of the round stickers and made six "real" constellations on the back of the door. (But they don't show up on a picture taken with my camera.) We haven't studied astronomy yet, but if he'll get used to seeing some of the patterns in the stars and start thinking about them that way.

I used the constellation guide from about.com and picked out five. I also found a neat blog about stargazing with your kids and they have some cool printables available.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...