Friday, September 6, 2013

Homemade Halloween Costume (2008)


Stopping for candy at the grandparents' house
This was the first costume I ever made for Builder Boy. It is a bumble bee costume made on a black sweatshirt. I made it on a black sweatshirt because I wanted it to be warm and not be covered up by a jacket. I used cheap yellow fabric for the stripes and tacked it on the jacket, thinking I would take it off and use as just a jacket latter (I didn't.) I got a cheap, textured black fabric and made two ovals for wings that I sewed on the back (no picture, but they lay flat like a cape.) For the antenna I used the same black fabric and made two slender cylinders that I stuffed to make stiff and sewed on the hood. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...